Thank you once again for all your brilliant ideas! Here are the inspiration lists for FLYLADY ZONE 3 (bathroom plus one other room) with ideas for Errand Day, self-care and gardening. I will add to the list as more ideas come in!
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, razors, toilet paper.
- First-aid supplies.
- Medicine, vitamins and minerals.
- Baby supplies, nappies/diapers, lotion.
- Hygiene products
Here's my "self-preservation" bingo card for this week. You can click the photo, save and print. Or if you'd like to customise, here's a link
- Diffuse some essential oils, candle.
- Try a soothing hydrating face mask (oats, natural yoghurt, honey) or a gorgeous body scrub (sugar, olive oil, orange essential oil). Use what you have in the kitchen. The scrub is also really good for gardeners hands if you add a little liquid soap as well.
- Condition your hair and let it dry in the sun. Deep condition hair (steam/protein treatment).
- Put a fresh flower or plant in the bathroom.
- Have a bubble bath or pamper shower. Use bubble bath or a few drops of a luxurious oil. Play some music in the background, light a candle, drink a glass of your favourite tipple.
- Keep some hand lotion by the sink.
- Have a “mini spa day”: facial, mask and hands, enjoy your favourite drink.
- Epsom salts (ginger and clay) soak for pamper.
- A foot bath (or electric foot spa) and foot cream, finish by putting on a pair of fluffy socks and relax.
- Read a magazine or chapter of a book. Read an e-book from the library.
- Do some colouring (online or printed colouring pages).
- Pedicure and manicure , try out some nail art.
- Listen to some new music while you are getting ready for the day. Add new music to your pamper playlist.
- Use a lip exfoliator to get rid of dry skin, apply a nice lip balm to make them really soft ready for summer.
- Body self-massage with lotion, feet and shoulders. Apply lotion to knees and elbows for some extra care. Head massage.
- Take time to sit and “just be”.
- Write in your journal or read your prayer journal
- Keep a small manicure kit and some essential oils handy and use them when having a bubble bath or pamper shower. The essential oils can be calming or energizing.
- Before showering, place a drop or two (not too much, especially if one suffers with respiratory ailments) of Eucalyptus essential oil on the floor or wall of the shower - the room will smell like a spa.
- Put coconut oil around the fingernails & back of hands.
- “I keep a solid rectangle bin that both my feet will fit in under my bathroom sink. I have it filled with some Epsom salt, 2 cans of beans, a foot scrubber, and a towel. I pull it out and fill with hot water , some good smelling soap, and some Epsom salt. I soak my feet for 10 - 15 minutes and then scrub them. I then pat them dry and roll the cans under my feet for a good massage.”
- “I love the idea that every day is special. I used to save everything until it would go bad... now I use my wonderful oils on my face and neck before bed. I also love burning lavender incense at night to relax.”
- Rotate my body gel, lotion, and body spray sets to a new or seasonal scent (eg. change from musk to citrus for spring and coconut for summer).
- Wash your gardening gloves.
- Clean the lawnmower, garden tools, lanterns, patio set.
- Set up hoses for vegetable garden.
- Check/clean water features, hoses, attachments, water toys.
- Clean out ponds or fish ponds.
- Consider getting a water butt/rainwater collector.
- Water grass and hanging baskets.
- Wash the garden cushions/rugs.
- Sweep the patio.
- Put up a swing or hammock. Or make yourself a comfy “reading spot”.
- Take a walk in your neighbourhood admiring all the flowers in the front yards.
- Clean the bird feeder and fill up.
- Clean the bird bath and fill with fresh water.
- Clean outside windows or shed windows/greenhouse windows.
- Research gardening by the lunar calendar.
- Pressure washing or clean the pavement/sidewalks, patio, porch or deck.