FLYLADY ZONE 2, THE KITCHEN
Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions on YouTube and Instagram for things we can focus on in Flylady zone 2 (the kitchen) for shopping, self-care and working in the garden! 😄 I shall keep adding to the list as more ideas come in...
Here's my "self-preservation" bingo card for this week. You can click the photo, save and print. Or if you'd like to customise, here's a link
ERRANDS - SHOPPING LIST
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Dishwasher detergent/tabs
- Rinse aid
- Dishwasher salt
- Baking parchment/wrap
- Kitchen roll
- Cleaning liquid
- Homemade face mask, lip or hand scrub, bath salts/bombs, homemade foot cream. Use herbs or flowers from your garden or pantry items (honey, sugar exfoliating scrub, olive oil egg yolk hair treatment, vanilla bath salts).
- Keep a tube of hand cream by the sink.
- Additional hand-care with some lotion or a mini-manicure.Make one day this week a "detox" day, with juicing and relaxation.
- Search online for a new recipe to try, or reread a favourite cookbook.
- Write down your favourite family recipe and make a copy for your children.
- Have a go at that recipe you saved and never got round to.
- Try making a new healthy snack, biscuit or cake.
- Prepare a 'new' or 'special' snack to enjoy later on with a cup of tea!
- Tidy and/or discard old recipes.
- Tweak your diet, research healthier eating ideas and add one to your menu plan this week.
- Add some fresh mint or a slice of lemon to your water.
- Make homemade chocolates, truffles or fudge (for Zone 4 stash 😊).
- Sit outside with your morning tea or coffee and listen to the birds.
- Candlelight dinner with your best china, alone or with your significant other, on the balcony or in your garden.
- Put together a pamper snack basket for the week, something special each day to enjoy.
- Add your favourite meal to this week's menu plan.
- Sit at the dinner table, add candles, background music, serviettes, eat outside weather-permitting.
- Enjoy the light in the kitchen for reading or doing a crossword.
- Try a new type of tea or coffee or savour a cup of your favourite brew. Use the one you have been saving "for a special occasion".
- Indulge yourself and enjoy your favourite dessert, or a new ice-cream flavour.
- Use one of your china teacups/saucers that you only keep for guests, or drink water/juice from a crystal wine glass.
- Put together different salads, trying new combinations of veggies and fruits you’ve never tried, use a variety of lettuces and greens.
- Add something which makes you smile while you're cooking/doing the dishes: a bloom from the garden, a pot plant, a candle, a photo frame.
- Make paper flowers to put on your windowsill or table.
- Take a couple of pieces of the “good china” you save for special occasions out and have lunch or a snack, a cup of tea. Take a photo and invite a friend to do the same for a “separate but together” teatime, or eat "together" via FaceTime or Skype.
- Hang a beautiful crystal in the window to make sparkles and rainbows.
- Attach a perspex bird feeder to the kitchen window. You can see our one here...
- Sow vegetable or herb seeds, plant up tender vegetables in a greenhouse, sow cress or micro seeds for quick fresh greens.
- Watch the birds at the feeder.
- Read outside in the garden, make a reading spot for yourself.
- Use a special cuticle and hand cream after you've been working outside.
- Sit outside and "just be".
- Rub your hands in the thyme, lavender, basil or mint bush.
- Prepare the area for the vegetable garden.
- Clean and check outside furniture.
- Clean/prepare the barbecue and implements. Gas/charcoal.
- Wipe down the parasol.
- Take care of fruit trees or bushes. Swap excess garden produce with friends or neighbours.
- Light a small bonfire.
- Toast marshmallows.
- Have a go at growing herbs in containers or recycled tin cans or plastic pot.
- Water plants, set up a rainwater collector.
MY EASY RECIPES AND CRAFTS PLAYLIST!