Here's what's on the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week!
- Red lentil coconut dal (pictured above)...so easy and good! My recipe is here
- Homemade lasagne with a spinach salad (we use a variation of this recipe https://www.dk-kogebogen.dk/opskrifter/850/lasagne), using fresh lasagne sheets
- Usually I prepare two at the same time and freeze one lasagne for later use
- luxury Danish biksemad which is basically a hash: diced potato and onion fried up with leftover meat (usually beef or pork), topped with a fried egg and served with pickled beetroot and ketchup or brown sauce. In my luxury version, I use extra vegetables (usually carrot and leek) plus a jar of duck ("rillettes de canard")
- Egg fried rice with leftover ham (from the "Glazed honey mustard ham" we had recently) and veggies from the fridge that need to be used up (red pepper/spinach)
- Danish meatloaf which is called Forloren Hare, served with baby potatoes, creamy sauce and veggies. My recipe is here on the blog https://www.dianedenmark.com/2009/09/danish-meatloaft-forloren-hare-mock.html And, once again, I usually prepare two, we eat one and freeze the other for later use.
- Freezer meal (something straight from the supermarket) or leftover day...you don't need to cook from scratch every day! :-)
More easy recipes and crafts below!