It's leftovers for dinner tonight (DH is minding the kids while I'm out letting my - short but perfectly coiffed - hair down) but the rest of this week's menu looks like this...
* Danish Medister sausage (which is made of pork and comes sold in a large ring) with baby potatoes, sovs (gravy) and homemade warm, red cabbage
* Homemade tagliatelle pasta (the pasta was made from scratch by DS11 - you can see him in action here) with leftover Medister sausage, green beans, garlic and cream. And lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper on top. Yum! :D
* A whole piece of ham (bought from the supermarket ready-cooked, I just reheat it in the oven) smothered with honey and mustard, served with my own version of gratin dauphinois and roast autumn pumpkin
|Gratin and ham in the oven...I love my huge oven! :)|
* Leftover ham chopped up small and stuffed into wholemeal pitabread pockets with spinach, cucumber and tomato (DD9 and I are on our own while DS11 and DH are out to a football match)
* Pasta med kødsovs/spaghetti bolognese/pasta with meatsauce - whatever you call it in your neck of the woods. It always goes down well in our house and is my number one 'What-to-make-when-I-can't-be-bothered-to-cook' meal. I brown the minced beef (or use a bag which I've already browned from my stock in the freezer), add a jar of Dolmio pasta sauce and cook the pasta. Top with lots of cheese. Add some veggie sticks or salad on the side. Done and dusted! :)
* Forloren Hare (can you believe it's my most popular blogpost EVER?!!) which is Danish meatloaf. And - yes - it is delicious. We had it a few weeks back and I made an extra one and popped it in the freezer (together with a packet of bacon, to put on the top). So I only need to remove from the freezer in the morning and cook it in the evening. No preparation mess. Love that! This time it'll be served with baked potato wedges and carrots.
So that's your lot. And don't worry if you don't see me here for menu planning next week (the school autumn break). I shall be enjoying (hopefully) high temperatures and lots of pasta, pizza and gelato in La Bella Roma!
Ciao tutti! Hope you have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! :)