I went to a cupcake decorating course this week which was so much fun (well, who wouldn't want to play with vats of buttercream icing and fondant?!) and made these little babies...
Which were pretty to look at but, boy, did I need a lie down on the sofa after I had eaten one! ;D Anyway, the rest of food around here is normally pretty healthy...so, without further ado, here's this week's menu plan:
* Homemade fish 'fingers' (fillets of white fish, cut up into chunks, dunked in milk then breadcrumbs/herbs and baked in the oven) with oven-baked vegetable 'chips' (carrot, parsnip and cauliflower florets) and a green salad
* Wholemeal pita pockets with fresh spinach and warm, shredded leftover chicken, raw veggie sticks on the side
* Breakfast for dinner (at the request of the kids): Danish sausages and bacon, scrambled eggs (made in my ricecooker), porridge pancakes and fresh fruit smoothies (as we have bananas and pears that need to be used up!)
|DS11 making scrambled eggs - easy peasy! :)|
* Oven egg n' chips - made by DS11 (cut up potatoes into wedges or 'chips', cover them with a bit of olive oil, bake on a large, greased baking tray and - 5 minutes before they're ready - break the eggs into the baking tray)
* Suppe (Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup) with homemade wholemeal rolls...
|I always add sunflower/flax/sesame seeds to my rolls and right now I'm also adding some grated cooking apple...|
straight from the tree in the back garden :)
* Pasta with any leftover meat and vegetables (= clean out the fridge day)
Happy 'Little Friday'! :)