There's a real chill in the air these mornings (I was wishing I had gloves with me this morning on my bike ride along the coast...) but, of course, this afternoon it's been sunny and I'm having to peel off layers. Gah - make up your mind? This is why autumn is my least favourite season...roll on winter! ;D
|Apples are beginning to litter our lawn - |
we have two trees: one with eating apples, one with cookers...
* spaghetti bolognese/pasta med kødsovs/spaghetti with meatsauce (whatever you call it in your corner of the world) - the meat sauce will be made in the crock, pasta cooked while one of the kids set the table
* I'll add red kidney beans to yesterday's leftover meat sauce, cook some rice in my (beloved) rice cooker and - hey presto - it will then miraculously appear on the table as...chili con carne! ;D
* biksemad (Danish 'hash': chopped onions, cubed potatoes and cubed meat, fried up and topped with a fried egg and cubed beetroot. And ketchup.)
* crockpot chicken goulash (the easy way...chicken legs and veggies dumped in the crock with a packet of Knorr sauce) with a green salad and tagliatelle
* German potato soup - made in the crockpot - with frankfurters and homemade bread (the recipe for the soup will be posted soon on my new blog, the little red file)
|Nothing beats homemade rolls...|
apart from homemade rolls with lashings of butter!
* hooray, hooray - I've got not one but two nights out this week! So on those nights the kids will be getting Danish open sandwiches or pizza...I couldn't give a hoot! (Just kidding, bien sûr...)
Bon appétit and have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! :)