- always think of the CPW or 'cost per wear' when buying clothes - a classic jacket may be pricey but it's better than any 'bargain' buy that you're never going to wear or have nothing to go with
- belts - I've always been good at wearing scarves and lots of jewellry but belts are a new addition to my accessories family
- good basics, good basics, good basics - shall I say that again? ;D
- eyeliner - I never go anywhere without mascara, lipgloss or lipstick but have started using liquid eyeliner for exra pizazz - every single day - 'cos who doesn't need daily pizazz?!
- the right fit and the right colours: I've had a subscription to the Missus MSP Personal Profile for the past 3 years and also have the Seasonal Colour ID (Ha! I'm a spring, just like my favourite weather season!) and I've saved tons of money by avoiding impulse buys. Wearing colours that suit me has given me more energy and plenty of compliments! :D
- check and replace underwear regularly - we go swimming once a week and my new rule is that, if my underwear isn't fit to be paraded in front of the other ladies in the communal dressing room, then it needs replacing! ;D
- pamper myself - a cornerstone of the Flylady programme. This week I decided to go ahead and do something quite scary but very exciting - I had an appointment with a Personal Shopper at Denmark's oldest department store, Magasin. It's a free service: anyone can book a two hour 'wardrobe makeover' or a one hour consulation if you're looking for a wedding outfit, good basic trousers or a specific item. I had the two hour treatment and it was fabulous - I'm still reeling! Details to follow in a separate blog post, watch this space...
|The final contenders after my appointment with a Personal Shopper! :)|