Life in Denmark. Rock music, good food and the Flylady. What more does a girl want? :)
Menu plan - Thursday 24 March 2011
Welcome to another week of menu planning. Pull up a chair and join us?
* Wholemeal pita pockets filled with salad, veggies and sliced chicken
* Egg-fried rice with prawns (which didn't make it to the table as planned last week)
* Chili in breadbowls. Got the idea from the 5$ Dinners website. I'll try out their breadmachine breadbowls recipe but make my own chili. A little tip: if your kids are like mine - and aren't mad about the beans - then mash or blend the beans before you add them to the minced beef. That way, you'll still get the authentic chili taste and nutrients... ;D
* Roast chicken. Quinoa made in my ricecooker and broccoli and carrots steamed in the little tray which fits in the ricecooker... I love my ricecooker!
* Herb-crusted salmon fillets (I mix up herbs and breadcrumbs, dump it on top of the salmon, drizzle a bit of olive oil on the top, then bake in the oven. The kids love them!) Asparagus wrapped in bacon (also roasted in the oven). Hasselbach potatoes (also roasted in the oven, my recipe is here). Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
* Crockpot lasagne - this week I added a layer of grated carrot and chopped red pepper and it turned out a really pretty colour, quite sweet too. Here it is in the crock, just before I switched on the power...
* Leftover lasagne. Koldskål and kammerjunker for dessert (a Danish soured dairy product and little vanilla biscuits).