And our menu for the week?
* DD has chosen pizza and icecream for her birthday dinner - no surprises there ;D
* out to the cinema to see 'Rango' so will have some madder (Danish open sandwiches)
* chicken and bacon puff pastry parcels (ready-meal from the freezer) with a salad of raw broccoli florets, red pepper and cherry tomatoes
* real pork sausages (real meat, not the full-of-bits-you-never-dreamed-of-frankfurter-type of sausage...though I love them too) with homemade chili-honey sauce (just equal quantities of chinese sweet chili sauce and ketchup, then add a bit of honey to taste) mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas
* tagliatelle pasta with cream, baby peas (from the freezer) and leftover sausage
* egg-fried rice with garlic, broccoli and prawns
* confit de canard (duck confit from a tin, all the way from La France: duck legs cooked then conserved in oil - just remove from the tin and grill until the skin is crispy - the meat falls off the bone...delish!), green beans with balsamic vinegar and honey, baby potatoes
That's it for another week.
Bon appétit and have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! :)