Menu plan - Thursday 10 February 2011
* Homemade pepperoni pizza and veggie sticks, prepared for us by DS11 (maybe we should start calling him Little Chef?)
* Biksemad which is basically Danish 'hash': chopped onions, cubed potatoes and cubed meat, fried up and topped with a fried egg and cubed beetroot. And plenty of ketchup.
* Pasta med kødsovs/spag bog/spaghetti with meatsauce - whatever you like to call it in your corner of the world. Always hits the spot! :) Green spinach salad on the side.
* Stegt flæsk med persillesovs. Mmm, a big family favourite and a Danish classic. Fried belly pork (til it's super, super crisp) served with homemade parsley sauce and baby potatoes. And steamed carrots or panfried cabbage, depending on my mood that day.
* Wholemeal pasta shells with a bit of cream, shredded chicken and sugarsnap peas.
* Madder - which sounds pretty crazy - but is in fact plain old Danish open sandwiches :)
I won't be blogging next week as we've Scottish family here with us for the week. But the menu includes roast chicken, glazed ham, Danish sausages, several cakes (including our Mazarinkage, a marcipan cake) and no doubt lots of yummy snacks like nachos...