I'm excited about this week's menu. And a tad nervous. Cos DH will have his pinny on twice. That's right, read it and weep! ;D You may remember that my (wonderful) DH didn't cook dinner even once during the last decade. But he's cooked dinner twice since the first of January 2011. Yep, things are changing around here...
And the mouthwatering menu?
* 'Breakfast for dinner': cheesey sweetcorn pancakes, sausages, bacon, homemade apple/cinnamon muffins, orange juice and tea (made with teabags all the way from sunny Scotland)
* 'Lunch for dinner': Danish open sandwiches, veggie sticks, yoghurts with müsli topping
* Chicken and bacon wrapped in pastry (readymeal from the freezer), peas and beetroot [on the night I'm out at a school meeting]
* Beef Tikka Masala (cubed beef and a readymade sauce) made in my crockpot with nan bread and basmati rice made in my beloved ricecooker. I'll make double the quantity of rice, so I have leftovers for Egg Fried Rice (see below)
* Egg Fried Rice (using cold rice, see above) with chopped spring onions and cubed ham
* Spaghetti Carbonara with fresh, green salad. DH is making this with DS11
* Medisterpølse (special type of Danish sausage), baby potatoes, red cabbage and sovs (gravy). DH is making this with DD8
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday or, as we say here, Little Friday! :)