Riding the old wooden rollercoaster when it's minus 3 degrees celcius (27 fahrenheit) is a chilly thrill -
next time I should remember six layers of clothing...
* Crockpot minestrone soup (my mum's recipe is here), then breaded cod stuffed with broccoli/cheese (readymade from the freezer!) and salad - this is one of my Dad's favourites when he comes to visit :)
* Glazed pork chops (a recipe from Krista at http://typical-ramblings.blogspot.com/) with green beans and jasmine rice made in my 'where-would-I-be-without-it' rice cooker
* Forloren Hare (Danish meatloaf). I made up a batch a couple of weeks ago, so all I have to do is remove one from the freezer in the morning, let it defrost, then cook. Voilà! Serving with baby potatoes and baby peas.
* Glazed ham (with honey and brown sugar), carrots and my yummy gratin dauphinois.
* Chicken Parmesan (from the Saving Dinner book by Leanne Ely) with tagliatelle (flat spaghetti) and some fresh, crispy green salad.
And there will, no doubt, be lots of homemade sweets, biscuits and Christmas cake too. Which reminds that - according to our Family Advent Calendar - it's nearly time to decorate the cake!
Have a wonderful Wednesday! :)