Here's this weeks rundown of what's coming over the counter at Kitchen Copenhagen! :)
- The kids have made a special request...homemade pizza pepperoni! Lots of salad to go with it, bien sûr... ;D
- My bestest friend and running buddy - the wonderful H - is having a girly birthday dinner so I am out to par-tay! Will be taking my bike as it's going to be a long, well-oiled evening... (And, yes, my cactus tablets are ready and waiting in my makeup bag!) The kids are DH are fending for themselves.
- Lamb. Have put this on the menu several times in the last couple of weeks but plans have changed and it's still in the freezer. Time to get it out and get it roasted! Serving with it's usual partners-in-crime gratin dauphinois and tomato salad. Dessert? Don't know yet!
- I'm out, again, yay! This time for a girly birthday brunch - my other good friend and running buddy, the lovely V! :) For tonight's family dinner I'll use up any leftover lamb with some pasta. If there isn't enough lamb, I've always got bacon. Will probably do a pudding tonight - thinking of a steamed pud with custard.
- Trying out a new recipe from Silvana Franco's book "The Hi Lo Cookbook" She's a great family cook, you can find some recipes from that book online here. I'm doing her Sticky Pork Chops. Going to make them in the crock. Chinese noodles along with it.
- Family fave...'Hurdy Gurdy' Swedish Sausage Stew (my recipe is here) and bulghur or spelt (made in my ricecooker) with it. Can make it with my eyes closed and when I open my eyes it has disappeared! ;)
- Leanne from http://www.savingdinner.com/ sent out a recipe as part of the Flylady's Winter Olympics shindig for Low Carb Greek Turkey burgers. Now I come to type the name, it's kind of funny putting Greece and Turkey together in the same sentence (if you live in Europe, you'll understand!). I've got some minced chicken in the freezer, so going to give them a whizz :)