Here's what's on the table in Wonderful Copenhagen this week:
- Beef tikka masala served with brown basmati rice. I fried up some beef strips and have put them into the crockpot with a jar of Tikka Masala sauce. And some chopped carrots. Will also add some chopped celery about 30 minutes before we eat...gives it a nice crunch and makes the crockpot finished dish look 'fresh'. I'm (need I say it again??) making the brown basmati rice in my beloved ricecooker. Just dump in water, rice and go! ;)
- DD7 is eating at a classmate's house (school dinnerclub) so DS10 got to choose. We're having tacos with lots of fresh spinach, tomato, cucumber etc.
- Going for a nice, easy dish today. Marinated lamb steaks (DH's fave meat), seared in the frying pan and finished off in the oven. Serving with baked potatoes and ovenbaked ratatouille (sliced courgettes, tomatoes, onion, olive oil, herbs and seasalt). We amazingly have some Ben n' Jerry's icecream left in the freezer, so that will no doubt be dessert.
- Using the crockpot again today and trying something new...Chicken with Dumplings. Been lots of Twister talk (friends from twitter) about it. Hello @peasinapod and @lynnnein! :) There's a basic recipe here if you want to try it out for yourself.
- Crockpot meal again! ;) Making chili - I've some fried mince (ground beef) in the freezer, so I just need to take it out on Sunday night and then add the other ingredients in the morning. Kids don't really like chili, so going to make some homemade bread to con them into eating it! ;)
- Scout night for DD7 and DS10 (at different times). Making biksemad (a kind of Danish hash: fried cubed potatoes, meat, onions, topped with a fried egg and cubed beetroot). I'm assured of clean plates today ;)
- Chops today, at DH's request. Breaded chops, finished off in the oven. Fresh salad. And I always serve them with gratin dauphinois. Hot vegetable today will probably be broccoli or cauli.