- Crispy chicken with lots of veggies (courgette, carrot and baby potatoes).
- Kids have a babysitter tonight and are allowed to order their own pizza... Weekly ration of sweets - Danish tradition - so no dessert. DH and I are - stone the crows - out to a posh dinner and I am going to enjoy every dang minute of it :)
- Happy Halloween! It's been been a loooong week, so we'll want to hibernate... Going to make one of DH's favourite dishes - grilled lamb steaks - with couscous and tomato/parsley salad. DS9 is out to a Halloween party with the boys from his class and we'll take DD7 out guising before we eat dinner. It'll be too dark and cold after 7pm.
- Krista has been making this 'Panera's Cream Cheese Potato Soup' recently and serving it in Bread Bowls. Going to give it a try! Not expecting my own little family to appreciate it, but might be good for entertaining. Main course will be the Blender Quiche I've been making recently. Good for using up leftovers! :)
- Haven't done crispy pork chops for a while (chops dipped in egg, then seasoned crumbs, fried in the pan and finished off in the oven). And they always go down well - sometimes I don't even get leftovers for my lunch - hrrrmph! :) Will no doubt serve with the usual combo of gratin dauphinois and baby peas or sugarnaps.
- This is Scout night (for both kids, at different times...), so need something easy as I am driving forwards and backwards. I've got some ready-made chicken parcels (chicken wrapped in bacon and puff pastry) in the freezer, so might use them along with spelt done in my rice cooker. I usually do half spelt and half basmatic rice, and the kids eat it up without blinking! ;)
- DD7 is going to a schoolmates house (Dinner Club), so she won't be eating with us. DH may be working late tonight, so we there could be an opportunity for... SUSHI ...for DS9 and me! :)