- Didn't make the Spaghetti Bolognese (pasta with meat sauce) yesterday as planned, so going to use the mince/ground beef today to make Cannelloni (pasta tubes). Last time I made Cannelloni was over 10 years ago, before the DKs were born, so it's definitely time to give it a whirl :)
- Event at school with DS9's class. One parent + child to be at the school late afternoon (in the home economics classroom) to make the meal and set the tables. Later the rest of the family are invited for dinner. Should be interesting! ;) It won't be a late night because the final of "Denmark's Got Talent" is on the telly...
- Have promised the DKs to make homemade Pepperoni Pizza (which we didn't have last Sunday, because the little table-top oven was full of Christmas cake). We're trying something new...Stuffed Pizza Bites. [Postscript: these were fantastic - make sure to make double quantities!] And what goes well with Pizza and Salad? Why Ben + Jerry's Phishfood, of course! :)
- I have some fresh cod from the fishmonger and am making homemade Fish Fingers. Mix half a cup of milk with a couple of spoonfuls of flour. Dip strips of fish in this batter, then dip again in seasoned breadcrumbs (add some grated parmesan, chili flakes, dried herbs, whatever your family likes). Put on a baking try (baking paper for easy clean-up) pour over a little melted butter or a bit of olive oil and bake in the oven at about 200c/400f for about 15 mins. We'll serve with garlic pan-fried courgette/zucchini and rice or bulgur done in my ricecooker. My DKs love this dish.
- The new kitchen is being fitted and we are going to see Muse (the Gods of Rock) in concert, so will probably be a busy day for me. Going to do a 'Goulash' type of stew (beef, paprika, tinned toms, red pepper) in the crockpot and will serve with mashed potatoes and spinach salad.
- Scout night for the kids, so we are coming and going at different times. Spaghetti Bolognese/pasta with meatsauce.
- Roast Chicken with various root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, beetroot) - time to embrace autumn...